Author Interview with A.L. Harris: The Golden Ashfruit

A conversation with A.L. Harris, author of The Golden Ashfruit

When did you first start writing, and when did you finish your first book? 
I started my training to become the next Scheherazade very early. My wonderful parents encouraged me to keep journals and I wrote short stories and poetry for my classes. I started my first tale at 15 and finished at 17.

Do you ever experience writer’s block and how do you overcome it? 
Yes, and it is a persistent enemy. When it decides to make an appearance, I conquer the beast by going back to handwriting the project. Usually it comes when I've been staring at a computer screen for way too long and my eyes stage a revolution.

What project are you working on now? 
I have two in the works: the sequel to The Golden Ashfruit--Garden of Souls--and a separate project called La Vie En Ombres.

Why did you feel you had to tell this story? 
The simple version is that elves fascinate me and I wanted to know the origin story. I wasn't satisfied because it was literally explained in one sentence and I had too many questions. So I decided to pursue my quest for writing epic fantasy and it turned into three months of Norse mythology research and a book.

If you had to choose, who would be your author mentor? 
If they could be dead or alive, I have four of the authors I really admire at the top of my list: C.S. Lewis, Patricia Briggs, Nikki Giovanni, and Melissa Marr.

Synopsis:
For Princess Mab, protection means power. As the most powerful faerie in existence, she is powerless to save her Lumen Court when its time runs out. Challenged from all sides, she is forced to court Freyr—an alluring and reluctant Vanir god sent from his world to marry her. When Mab and Freyr unite against increasing betrayal and murder among the headstrong faerie kingdoms, an ancient prophecy plunges them into chaos with the catastrophic results threatening to tear them apart. But Freyr is determined to save Mab from an unstoppable force that would lead her deeper into shadows and madness, even if it means losing the one thing that would save her court…and her life.


The Golden Ashfruit - Official Book Video Trailer



Author Bio
A.L. Harris lives in Wisconsin but secretly wishes her closet traveled to Middle Earth and Narnia. When she isn't reading or drinking some kind of caffeine, she blogs regularly for Hennen's Observer and tweets frequently. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a Journalism degree.

FOR MORE INFO Website: http://www.thealharris.com/
YouTube Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_JaWlxDiM0
Twitter: https://twitter.com/_ALHarris
Facebook Author Page: http://www.facebook.com/thegoldenashfruit?ref=hl
Goodreads Author Page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6750407.A_L_Harris


BUY THE BOOK
Amazon (Paperback or Kindle): http://amzn.to/Zio17L