Author Interview with Jimmy Hyten: My Awfully Wedded Life



Have you ever gone out in public with your shirt on backwards, or your slippers on, and when realizing it, just said screw it?
Hell yes. I was working at a job that I had trouble giving a crap about and one day I pulled into the parking lot and realized that I still had my slippers on that I normally wear to take the dogs out in. I looked at my feet, saw the slippers, looked up at my wife, and literally said, “screw it” and went about my entire day in those slippers. It was glorious.

How does your family and friends feel about the book?
Both my family and friends – those who have read it – think it is charmingly dirty and hysterical. My new wife, however, refuses to read it. She tells me the last thing she wants is to relive my failed marriage through my eyes. I don’t blame her.

If your book was made into a movie, who do you picture playing each part?
The only logical answer to this question is, of course, Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling playing me…or maybe Christopher Mintz (McLovin from Superbad). That would really be the most important role. Rosie O Donnell would probably be in there somewhere.

What was the hardest part about writing your book?
The hardest part about writing my book was finding the humor in every situation and drawing out the annoyance I felt at the same time. I wanted to write and not badmouth my ex wife so I had to separate myself from the situation while simultaneously telling the story from my perspective.

What was the hardest thing to cut from your manuscript?
This would definitely have to be the ending. I had about six chapters with a lot of the experiences after the marriage ended that had to do with friends of my ex-wife and the nut job I decided to take up residence with. They were great stories but really didn’t flow well with the rest of the book.

*********

Synopsis

Ever wondered what it’s like to go through a nasty divorce? Maybe you have, or maybe you know somebody that has gone through marital problems and eventually split. Denver author Jimmy Hyten has written MY AWFULLY WEDDED LIFE, a non-fiction true to life story about his OWN marriage, which started out great but gradually and painfully went south! However, instead of complaining about it, Jimmy chronicled all the ups and downs of his marriage with humor and introspection. The result is a book that will make you laugh and make you think twice about taking the plunge until you actually KNOW your partner enough to actually believe they are your significant other in body and soul! 

**********
About the Author
James “Jimmy” Hyten is a freelance writer and works for the Colorado Department of Public Safety. Born in Houston, Texas his time there was short-lived as he was born into an Air Force family requiring him to move every couple of years. Finding himself back in Houston he was married and after a very stressful and emotional yet educational time, divorced. Eventually he settled down once again after meeting his current wife and the love of his life. James graduated from Sam Houston State University with a Bachelors degree in business. He is currently pursuing graduate studies at the University of Denver. His debut book, MY AWFULLY WEDDED LIFE, is about the perils of his first marriage and it’s told through anecdotes that remind everyone at Sakura Publishing of David Sedaris and his stories of a dysfunctional family. Truly inspiring work, this book for anyone who has ever gone through a divorce or know what it’s like to live with somebody who drives you crazy.

FOR MORE INFO 
Website: www.myawfullyweddedlife.com 
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jimmy.hyten 
www.facebook.com/MyAwfullyWeddedLife 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jhyten 

BUY THE BOOK http://sakura-publishing.com/?product=my-awfully-wedded-life