Confessions of a Gold Digger: She's the Woman You Want to Hate, but Can't

Synopsis
In Confessions of a Gold Digger, Lisa confronts one of the most controversial topics in relationships. She takes readers on a journey through her dates with bitter, broke men looking for a sponsor to courtships with suitors who placed her so high on a pedestal that she wouldn't dare dangle a foot for fear she might fall off (not that they wouldn't catch her). In the end, she shows women how to be a queen instead of a pawn.

Author Interview Questions for Lisa Maria Carroll

Is your book based on real life experiences or all pure imagination? 
My book is based on my real life dating experiences.

How did you come up with the title?
A friend gave it to me. I wanted to write a book about relationships, and based on what she knows about me, she thought the title was perfect.

What project are you working on now?
I'm working on a book for teenage girls, called What I Want My Daughters to Know About Life, Love and Sex. I'm also writing my first fiction book under an assumed name.

Are there certain characters you like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with? 
Yes, JAMAAL! Readers can't seem to get enough of him, so he actually has a starring role in my fiction book.

Have you ever gone out in public with your shirt on backwards, or your slippers on, and when realizing it, just said screw it? 

Yes (how embarrassing). I was at work and my sweater kept "choking" me. When I realized it was on backwards, I asked a male colleague why didn't he tell me, and he said he thought that was sexual harassment. 

How does your family and friends feel about your book? 
They loved it, and are proud of me, but they can't believe I shared some of the things I did. 

If your book was made into a movie, who do you picture playing each part? 
I would definitely choose LisaRaye to play the role of the gold digger. Now, as for the men, I'd love to see Idris Elba in the movie, no matter who he plays. 

If you had to choose, who would be your author mentor? 
Maya Angelou. I love her as an author and role model. 




About the Author 

Lisa Maria Carroll is an author, blogger and radio talk show host who loves to talk money between the bed sheets and the balance sheets. Known for tweeting motivational tips on Twitter, and doling out relationship advice on The Relationship Buzz, she's on a mission to empower teens and women everywhere to know their worth.

She is currently busy writing her first bestselling fiction series, a place where Street Lit meets Christian Fiction.

FOR MORE INFO: