How did you choose the genre you write in?
My genre chose me! As a fitness, health and wellness teacher I decided to write about my passion, which I discovered is helping people be healthy. I want people to know that there is more than one road to being healthy and for many people conventional exercise is the wrong road for them, because they dislike exercise so much that they simply won’t do it.
How did you come up with the title?
In my 25+ years in fitness and wellness, I can’t tell you how many times I heard this from clients and students. The percentage of people out there who actually love exercise is pretty small (I happen to love exercise). But most people don’t. I chose the title because I thought it would bring a visceral response from people. And it has!
How did you feel when you realized that being an author was no longer a dream, but a reality?
Being an author was never really a dream for me. In fact, I never thought I could write a book! I never got an English grade above a C in high school or college. But I have always been a great storyteller and giving people valuable information in an entertaining way has always appealed to me. All I can say is Thank Goodness for My Editors!
What time of day do you write?
Any time but morning! I am a complete idiot in the mental and verbal departments before 11 a.m.
When you rip out a page from a spiral notebook, do you leave the tabby pieces or do you pull them out?
What are these tabby pieces you speak of? I’m not a detail-oriented person nor particularly neat. Don’t have time for those little things—I just tear out the page and move on!
Exercise Sucks! The Secrets to Losing Weight Without Really Trying - Official Book Video Trailer
About the Author
Kent Burden found his way to the world of health and wellness after a college football injury left him a paraplegic at the age of 20 and confined to a wheelchair for nearly a year. During his journey through multiple surgeries, rehabilitation and eventual recovery, he discovered the benefits of yoga, Pilates and meditation.
During the course of his career in mind/body wellness, he has trained Oscar-, Emmy-, and Grammy-winners, NFL and NBA champion athletes and people from all walks of life. He is a certified master wellness coach and is certified to teach in 18 different fitness modalities. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Natural Health Science. In addition to his award-winning first book, Yin Yang Fitness: The Whole Package of Health co-authored with his wife Maria, he is also the creator of Kent Burden's Essential Triangle, a unique DVD workout that combines yoga, Pilates and meditation.
His latest books "Exercise Sucks! The Secret to Losing Weight Without Really Trying" and "Is Your Chair Killing You?" are available on Amazon.com.
His work has been published in Shape, Fitness, Self and Body and Soul among others and he has appeared on TVs Access Hollywood where he was named yoga instructor to the stars.
Nearly 30 years after regaining his ability to walk, he is recognized as one of the world's top wellness experts. In public appearances, his conversational, engaging and entertaining style makes him a popular speaker.
Kent Burden is available for readings, lectures and other public appearances. To inquire about a possible appearance, please contact him at kent@mylifefitness.com.
FOR MORE INFO
Website: www.kentburden.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kent.burden.3
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/kentburden
BUY THE BOOKAmazon: http://amzn.to/RpsqBf
