Author Interview with Gail McFarland: Doing BIG Things and Lie Down With Dogs


When did you first start writing, and when did you finish your first book?
It feels like I’ve always been a writer, but after years of writing in high school and college, I wrote my first short stories for publication in 1994, and completed my first full-length novel, Summer Wind, in 1996.

Is your book based on real life experiences or all pure imagination?
My new novel, Lie Down With Dogs, is fiction. If I am being perfectly honest, though, I have to admit that the “voice” of the main character is an amalgam of several of my friends.

How did you come up with the title?
I had no sooner written the final lines of the first book in this series, Doing BIG Things, than I knew there would be a sequel. And the second I understood what the sequel was about, I KNEW instinctively that Lie Down With Dogs was the perfect title.

If your book was made into a movie, who do you picture playing each part?
Oooh! Maybe Wendy Raquel Robinson or Vivica A. Fox as Loi Cramer, and Pam Grier or even Wendy Williams as Ada Duncan. Queen Latifa would be wonderful as Loi’s sister, Ronnie. And if you happen to know somebody who knows somebody, possibly Denzel Washington or Samuel Jackson would be interesting as James Shaver. And I would love to see Ceelo Green and TI as my villains.

If you were a superhero or villain, what would your power be?
Darn, if I only get one power, then I have to go with Ultimate Mind Control – please note the capital letters. I believe in going big or going home, and I’d want to do it in a sexy costume with thigh-high boots and a cape.




About the Author
Gail McFarland was once the girl known for never failing to get an 'A' in Honors English. Today, she is the published author of more than 100 short romantic confessions and short stories, numerous ebooks, and ten popular contemporary novels including:

SUMMERWIND (BET/Arabesque)
THE BEST FOR LAST (BET/Arabesque)
WHEN LOVE CALLS (BET/Arabesque)
BOUQUET with Roberta Gayle and Anna Laurence (BET/Arabesque)
DREAM RUNNER (Genesis Press)
DREAM KEEPER (Genesis Press)
WAYWARD DREAMS Genesis Press)
LADY KILLER (LULU Books)
ALL FOR LOVE (CreateSpace Books)
DOING BIG THINGS (CreateSpace Books)

Best known for her contemporary romantic novels, Ms. McFarland is a contributing member of The GA Peach Authors. Ms. McFarland is also a dedicated wellness/fitness advocate. She is currently an active fitness instructor, health coach, wellness consultant, and community health volunteer.

A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Ms. McFarland now makes her home and place of literary creation in Atlanta, Georgia.

FOR MORE INFO
Websites:
Doing BIG Things: http://fitwryter.tripod.com/books/id9.html
Lie Down With Dogs: http://fitwryter.tripod.com/books/id10.html

Social Media:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/the.fitwryter
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Gail_McFarland
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gail-mcfarland/34/192/391


BUY THE BOOKS
Amazon
B&N.com
Smashwords
Apple ibookstore
Kobo
Diesel
Sony