Autobiography of the Boogerman - Official Book Video Trailer

Autobiography of the Boogerman, by John Burnett

The Boogerman is a scary guy. Even he will admit this, if reluctantly, preferring instead to explain several centuries worth of terrifying urban mythology surrounding him as his simply being “tragically misunderstood.” He finally decides to become more proactive in rehabilitating his image in the bone-chilling thriller Autobiography of The Boogerman. This is a fast-paced e-book adventure for young readers, in which the forces of light and darkness openly wage a heretofore hidden war of magic on a battlefield spread over several dimensions, across time and, ultimately, in the streets of urban Detroit.

The book chronicles the genesis of an uneasy partnership between The Boogerman and Stetson Oliver, a regular 11-year-old Detroit schoolboy who remembers all too well the night terrors and secret trauma the title character inflicted on him in the very recent past. Resentment, skepticism, and a healthy dose of fear colors Stetson’s every conversation and interaction with his mysterious visitor, whose murky explanation for why he chose Stetson to tell his story—and the ensuing consequences--leaves a great deal to be desired.

Their tenuous alliance established, Stetson and The Boogerman embark on a fantastic adventure fraught with danger and discovery, and charged with magic. It is an odyssey that could end very badly for both the human boy and the ageless urban myth.



Autobiography of the Boogerman



Author Bio
My name is John Burnett, and I see dead people.

Well, not really; actually, I'm a professor of English at Wayne County Community College in Detroit, Michigan. And while I would never equate any of my students to disembodied souls or zombies, sometimes, on days when a class is having particular difficulty grasping the finer points of irony in all things Poe, or the symbolism in anything Hemingway, it sometimes feels like I'm walking in the netherworld.

Those excursions into literary puzzlement notwithstanding, I have the best job in the world. I get to introduce hundreds of students each year -- from different races, backgrounds, and life experiences --to the wonder of great fiction specifically, and the joy of reading in general. The reward for watching students have an epiphany of discovery when they "get it", even if it's only a few of them, is priceless. When that light bulb over their heads begins to glimmer, however faintly, it's "mission accomplished."

And how many people can honestly say that their job affords them the opportunity to actually change someone's life - even if in a very small way? Putting a student on the road to becoming a lifelong reader certainly does that.

After having taught literature at the college level for several years, I could no longer resist the siren call to try my hand at storytelling myself. It was a voice that had been whispering softly in my ear for a good many years, but I had stubbornly chosen not to heed.

Until now.

That whisper later became a muse whose song I found impossible to ignore any longer.

I have some stories to tell, my friends, some for younger readers, others for the not-so-young. Many of these stories are about the magic all around us. I'm not talking about magic set in scary English castles, terrifying Transylvanian villages, or other, alien worlds; these stories are about the enchanted realm that sits atop our own everyday existence, unseen and unfelt, like a transparent overlay. Sometimes, those worlds interact, either accidentally or by design.

My stories describe what happens when that occurs. 

Come along, won't you?


FOR MORE INFO
Website: www.johnburnettjr.com

BUY THE BOOK
Amazon